Saturday, July 15, 2017

Trying to remember how to do this....

It's been a year.... again.  I think Facebook has taken over the space I dedicated to my blog.  Facebook is so much easier; just a snippet here and there instead of really thinking about what I want to say.  I'm not sure if anyone really follows my blog anymore.  But is that really the point?  Do I blog for me or for the rest of the world?

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching the world wake up.  Hubby is driving to Philly to get Daughter #3 and bring her home.  She was a film/video major at Drexel with dreams of being a production designer and winning an Oscar.  Well to do that she will have to move to LA or NYC; and to do that she will need to come home, work at whatever job she can find, and save some money.

Meanwhile, Daughter #2 has been living with us this summer.  She is the Master Carpenter at Totem Pole Playhouse and is kept very busy. We have a small house; a 1950s ranch with two bedrooms on the main floor and a bedroom that was created from one end of the attic. So the two of them will be squished together for a while.

We still have Eddie with us.  He turned four last week.  This October it will be three years since he came to live here, and while it has been a major adjustment in our lives, we know it is for the best.  He is a pistol; raising a boy is much different than raising girls.

As you may recall I am a teacher of Social Studies in our local middle school.  Summer break is more than half over; we go back on August 14.  Our district decided that we must all be Google Certified so taking the test was a must and with the help of our librarian, I passed.  Not sure how much of this stuff I will ever used, but I jumped the hurdle and it is done.  I have to start working on building a unit around the Constitution.  It is amazing what people don't know about the most important document in our nation.


I have also been sewing.  I don't do a lot of intense piecing during the school year  - my mind is not on it. I had three quilt tops that had been 'talking' to me for a few years.  One was ready to get quilted and two needed borders.  Thankfully I have accomplished this goal.  The cheddar bowtie is quilted; I need to piece the backing for the other.


I am still working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  I have learned that if I piece an entire row together, and then attach it to the main body, it will go together faster.  Of course, man-handling it is an interesting exercise but I make it work.

So now I have attempted to blog again.  We will see what happens, don't hold your breath.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your post popped right up on my blog feed this morning and it was great to see it. Congrats on that Google certification! That was on my radar to do as well but then my job was eliminated, so I haven't pursued it. And my new job isn't in education so it isn't as relevant.

Enjoy your summer - piecing and loving on your family! I'm sure that little boy is enriching your lives - and his.