Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The party's over.... almost



Somehow Charlie Brown always gets it right.  My summer is slowly coming to an end.  Our local school districts decided to start earlier this year, August 17, to allow for more teaching days before the testing season in April.

Personally I am not sure it will make much difference.  If a child, and/or his or her  parents, do not value education and do not feel the need to apply themselves to the task, the scores on the test are not going to reflect the desired change.  I would like to think that I am a good teacher, that I do my job well.  The time I put into what I deliver to my kids is necessary to help them toward the goal of success.  

But in the end, I have to realize that much of the success comes from the choices they make.  

So here I go, spending time in my room before school starts, getting it ready, unpacking, rearranging, thinking about how I want to start my year.

There will still be sewing time, just not as much.   I have a backing to piece for Mickey Mouse.  Yesterday I was able to pull a bolt out that I just had to buy, not knowing what it would be fore, and it is now the backing.  Nothing like going through eight yards of fabric in one fell swoop.  I also started cutting down some scraps with my Accuquilt Studio cutter.  By the way... the dies are sharp.

Take care of yourselves and make it a great day!

No comments: