Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The latest addition....

My husband and I have taken to vintage quilts.  We love to go antique looking and I am the one that usually hunts out the quilts.

This week we traveled to Williamsburg, VA to pick up our daughter Abby. She had an internship at the Virginia Shakespeare Festival at William and Mary and needed a little help bringing things back.  So during the course the world-wind visit, Kevin and I visited Dovetail Antiques and the Williamsburg Antique Mall.








This is what came home with us.  I love hexagons and find myself drawn to these quilts more than any other when we visit antique shops and malls.  So far we have found a couple of hexagon quilts/tops with the more 'traditional' green path, one with a purple path, and one with a black path.  This one, with its light yellow path, really called to me.  It is a summer quilt - no batting in there.  And some of the hexagons still hold their basting stitches.

Love it!!!


5 comments:

Sara said...

really beautiful quilt you found. what a treasure!

Mary K said...

Lucky you! I can never turn down a hexie quilt except one. I told a friend about that one and he bought it. Check out wonky world blog.

Beth said...

What a beautiful find.

Andee said...

Beautiful! Have you seen the one passed down in my family? http://moderndiary.blogspot.com/2010/08/schnibble-at-last-and-antique-hexagon.html

Jessie Fincham @ Messy Jesse said...

oh what a great find! Just beautiful!!