Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Slow and steady wins the race....

I've decided that I need to think about me with my quilting and not worry about deadlines, steps, keeping track of yardage, etc.  So I have been busy trying to get a few things moving.

#1... Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice.  This is the extent of my mystery participation so far.  Honestly, I haven't finished Easy Street , last year's mystery quilt, so I am really not in the mood to start another.




#2 ... Cutting out spool pieces.  This was Bonnie's leader/ender challenge a couple of years ago.  I managed to get 729 different Bowties (the previous challenge) so what the heck!! Yep... 729 different spool fabrics.... and NO NO NO.. the there are not 729 different backgrounds.  Checking myself in to the psych ward was not on the holiday agenda.


#3... binding.  I have a couple of quilts that need binding.  This one is Beth's film fabric quilt made over Bonnie Hunter's "Jared Takes a Wife" pattern.  I love this pattern... thematic and scrappy all at the same time.


So to you and yours a Happy Holiday season.  We will be moving Erin and her family from Paoli, PA to Clarksburg, WV this weekend, so the baby of the world will be staying with Nana for a day or two.

Quilty Hugs!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to seeing all of those fun spool blocks coming together.

regan said...

I decided against the latest mystery, too; there's just too many ufo's in the stack to start another! Your spools look great, and that's a LOT of them! Awesome!

Have a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy New Year! And enjoy your time with your grand! :o)

Beth said...

I still have not finished Roll Roll Cotton Boll. I need to finish some UFOs.
Merry Christmas and enjoy that baby.