Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Leader/Ender Spools


I did it, I broke down and did it.  I started going through my 1.5-inch strip drawer and cutting pieces for Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender Spool challenge from last year... or was it two years ago.  Doesn't matter, I'm doing it.

As with the previous bowtie challenge, I am trying not to duplicate.  I have about 170 cut so far, just out of my strip drawer.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get 729 this time (that's how many bowties I have) because this time I'm not using the light strips.  I plan on using a Kona natural as the background so that my eyes have a place to rest with all the patterns, colors, and textures of the dark fabrics.

Of course, there is yardage to cut into yet.  It's just a matter of finding the time.

Our oldest daughter, Erin, received a new clerk position with a Federal magistrate in West Virginia, so Nana and Grandpa will be on full-time baby duty over most of Thanksgiving while they look for a place to live.  We will get the job again around Christmas as they have to get moved so she can start her new job on December 30.  It's an odd time to move, and I am hoping that they don't hit any major snow in the WVA mountains.

Here's the latest picture of Eddie and Grandpa.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Whooo-hoooo!
That's one challenge I didn't take on. I'm working on Omigosh for my Leader-ender. That baby should last me YEARS!!!!

Hey! What size units/sets make up the pattern? I'll help you out!!!! No guilt, either! I would love to help you towards your challenge of no repeats.

And da babes.....awwww! Both of them are super adorable! :)

Beth said...

Looks like you have a great start cutting for the leaders and enders.
Lucky you, on baby duty. He is so adorable. And he looks so happy.
Happy Thanksgiving

Andee said...

Looking good! I love the way the bow ties and the spools turned out!