Sunday, September 8, 2013

My weekend....

Kevin and I were out and about yesterday.  He had a friend make a sack coat for his Civil War re-enacting and had to meet her at Needle and Thread in Fairfield.  So there I went... kicking and screaming to a fabric shop (one of my favorites by the way).  I did get a couple of pieces, one to add to the 30s stash and two that are already purposed for the future.

Afterward we went antique looking in Emmitsburg, MD and Hanover, PA.  There were a lot of pretty quilts but I didn't bring any home.

We then drove north to Carlisle and on the way stopped at Peter's Orchard.  SOOOO much fruit.  I bought a half bushel of apples and this morning I processed 11 quarts of applesauce.  I haven't canned in ages and forgot how much I really enjoy the satisfaction of doing the job and knowing what is in it (or not in it).


When we got to Carlisle we decided to visit Bedford Street Antiques and low and behold the quilt that has been tempting me for three months was still there and still on sale.  Kevin looked at me and said "Get it... you've been thinking about it for a while." I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That is a beautiful antique quilt. What a good husband you have.

Suzan said...

Lovely quilt. Lucky you!!

Beth said...

Well the quilt is a beauty.
I however would realy like the applesauce. I love it. You are well stocked for a while.