Sunday, September 22, 2013

Giving myself permission


I have been really busy with school stuff.  Everything I didn't get done over the summer I am doing now... one step ahead of where I need to be.  It was my choice to push school work aside to deal with family issues and even though I ***** and moan sometimes I deal with it.

I played hook from Sundae Quilters today... I just couldn't bring myself to pack up stuff and leave the house another day.  I wanted to stay here with Kevin and just be me.  So after working most of the morning on stuff for school, I gave myself permission to sew a little.  I turned on Quilt Cam that was archived from a week or so ago, pulled out the cheddar bowties, and started putting blocks together.  I got 12 blocks done!!!! I couldn't believe it.  This is the first fabric manipulation I have done in over a month.

Thanks Bonnie... having the opportunity to watch Quilt Cam and sew 'with you' when I find the time means the world to me.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sara said...

These cheddar bow tie blocks are changing my mind about cheddar. I always thought it was too orange, but these are turning out beautiful. Glad you took some time to sew and relax before another hectic week begins.

Beth said...

Your blocks look great! That is a lot of little I hope you get a chance to sew a bit more often. have a good week.