Last night I made that 'kick myself in the head' mistake... I went to snip the thread tail and snipped a hole in one of the dresses. UGH!!!! (of course what I said should not be printed here).
I tried to satin stitch it with green thread... it looked like crap. Of course Abby said she didn't care.. but I did.
So tonight I carefully took the mangled dress of the quilt and got ready to make another dress.
I got the box of 30's prints out and made a new dress and sleeve. The sleeve was created first, stitched to the hand, then all of that was stitched to the dress. The dress was basted to the freezer paper and pinned on.
Everything went well and Ta-Da!!!!! The quilt is saved. Tomorrow we begin to hand quilt again.
Have a great day!