Friday, August 2, 2013

20 days....

Our first two inservice days are in 20 days.... so I'm trying to think of what I want to accomplish in the next three weeks.

I made a list of projects that are in various stages of completion.  I have been, for some unknown reason, avoiding the completion of Bonnie Hunter's mystery Easy Street.  I have no explanation for avoiding it.  It just gets pushed aside.  So today I have it laid out on the floor and if I accomplish nothing else today it will be putting the blocks together... oh and to make a peach pie.

Since I cannot get into my classroom until Tuesday as they are scrubbing and waxing the hallways, I am not going to apply too much effort to school work.  I want to go in to school so I am immersed in 'the zone'.  I concentrate better in there.  I also have to go through my classroom library and pull out books that are either too young or never circulate and offer them to other teachers.

I know some of you, or your children, have started school.  A former student and her family just recently moved to Indiana and started school yesterday.  They have a really interesting calendar... 9 weeks on, two weeks off.  I think that would be awesome, but I don't see it happening here.

So to all of you I wish you a pleasant day.  Kevin and I are headed out tomorrow to see Erin, Lester, and Eddie (aka "The Baby of the World"). Nana needs some baby love before school starts.

Quilty Hugs!

3 comments:

julieQ said...

I too have been procrastinating on Easy Street...I need to pull mine out too!!

Sara said...

This week we actually began doing our pre-service workshops with our schools. I am at a school today in fact, working with a leadership team. But it was sure nice to have most of July off this year, which doesn't usually happen for me. It was always a mix of feelings at this point in the summer - dread and excitement. Dread of the workload to be ready for that first day and excitement about a new year.

Beth said...

I hope you get lots done in your 20 days. I hope you have a great school year.