Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Not according to plan....

My plan today was to get some papers graded and then have the rest of the day to sew.  The papers were graded by 9:30 am.  There was one thing I wanted to do on my flash drive for school so I stuck it into my lap top.

That is where things went south.

Last month I had taken my laptop to school to use while the kids were taking the state test because the keyboard is quieter.  Something went haywire and long story short, I had lost a bunch of files on my flash drive.  Thankfully I had save all of them to the district network a few weeks before and most of them were salvaged.

So when things went haywire today, I went to school to see if the files were gone again, and yes they were.  After running to Wal-mart, purchasing a new 16 GB flash drive (and some DVDs to move files from the laptop) everything is saved.

I am amazed at how much I had saved on the laptop (files, pics, etc) and how much I actually pitched.

Lesson learned... save and save often.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Save and save often.... yes, definitely the "words of wisdom" we often tell students :)

Happy Sunday girl! I miss hanging out. SOON life will hopefully slow down for both of us to hook up online again :)

Beth said...

Glad you got your files back.
My DD got me an external hard drive to save things on and I never do it. I better get busy and get stuff I need saved and trash what I really do not need. Thanks for the reminder.