Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

It hates me...............

My Bernina hates me.  I had it into the shop two months ago because the bobbin thread was 'loose'.  You know, loopy... I could pull it out without any effort.  So I would rethread it would work for a while, etc.  So I was told that the race (whatever that is) had a nick in it.  It was filed and things were fine, until............

Last weekend I hit a pin.  So I took it in, asked them to check it out, give it a good cleaning ,etc..... and I picked it up on Tuesday night.

Today I set it up...and wouldn't you know the bobbin thread is loopy!!! I rethreaded it at least 6 times, both top and bottom, played with the tension, etc.  It sewed great for the tech guy... but me??? NO WAY!!!

Bernina is now sitting on the floor, and Kevin helped me put the Featherweight into the cabinet.  I pulled the Juki (Which I have never sewed on) out of the closet and will read the directions soon.  I need to put some bindings on quilts and I know the FW won't take all of those layers.

UGH!!!!

Have a great day!


10 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know some machines are just a devils spawn.... You know a witch dr?....could not hurt at this point. I have a JUKI and never had a bit of trouble with it.... good luck

regan said...

I love my Juki, too! You shouldn't have any problem with it....they are wonderful in every way! What model do you have?

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Change out the bobbin..........I had ONE bobbin that would do that everytime I put that ONE bobbin in even after I had rewound it 4 different times, finally I threw that ONE bobbin in the trash can, and I have never had a problem since then.

Andra Gayle said...

Don't like to hear this since that is the exact machine I have and have promised to sell my backup one to a friend when she gets her tax return.

Beth said...

Naughty Bernie. I hope you get her fixed and behaving soon.

Kathleen said...

Sounds like she is having a little tantrum. Threaten her with replacement! lol Isn't it a pain when our sewing machines go awry - because we just want to sew. Hope she behaves soon.

Yvette said...

It sounds like you have to adjust the screw on the bobbin case. Good luck!

Michelle said...

It's a long story...but that machine was my long awaited "dream machine." It gave me nothing but trouble and after much turmoil, I finally decided to let it go and purchased a different machine (different brand). I'm so sorry you are having trouble...I feel your pain!

Sherry said...

I have used my FW for bindings and it works fine with a walking foot. Of course, I am using thinner batting and a plain backing so I may not have as much bulk as you have.

Katie said...

I don't know which Juki you have but I use my TL98Q every day. It's fabulous for piecing! :-)