Saturday, March 16, 2013

Guess where I was yesterday.....



Perhaps this picture will help you guess the city.

I was actually in the Library of Congress at a workshop on using their primary sources in the classroom.  Kevin and I drove down on Thursday night, stayed over, and then took the Metro into the city.  I do not envy the people who live their lives on the train.  It seems so solitary.

Anyway, we spent the day (our 27th anniversary by the way) in DC.  He visited the Postal Museum and the Civil War exhibit in the Library of Congress while I was in the workshop.

I thought the floor in the LOC was interesting.  And look what was in the Women's Bathroom.... a pay phone!! I couldn't believe it.  I didn't think they made these anymore, let alone had a working one anywhere.

So I hope you all are enjoying Quilting Day.  Believe it or not I just saw a Robin outside and it is snowing.  This is the latest I remember it snowing around here.  I think I'm gonna have to have a talk with that groundhog.

3 comments:

Sara said...

That sound like an amazing location for such a cool workshop. Primary sources surrounding you! Wow!

Beth said...

Love the floor!
Sounds like a good day for both of you.

Pauline said...

looks like you guys had a wonderful day....27 years eh? wow we are the same in may..congrats