Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let's do a Compare/Contrast.....

All of you teachers out there will appreciate this... gotta love Graphic Organizers.

Long story short, I hit a pin with the Bernina yesterday.  I wasn't speed-demon sewing by any means and had actually just reached to take the pin out when the needle went down.  Nothing broke, but when I got the pin out I noticed the needle was a little off kilter.  So I took Bernie down to the shop and heaven knows what it will cost me.

Today I decided to put the FW up on the table.  Oh my... what a difference.  Thus the Venn Diagram

I took Bonnie's seam guide do-jiggy and made sure I knew where the 1/4-inch hit on the FW and low and behold found out the seam on Bernie is just a smidge off.

The FW looks so small!!! But after doing the Compare/Contrast - in the end - all that matters is that it SEWS!!!!


Have a great day!

9 comments:

Barb said...

At least you have a back up and what a nice one at that.

Strange how the smallest thing can make such a big mess.

Carol said...

Gotta love those older machine. They were made to sew and sew and sew....

Bonnie said...

I can find the 1/4" on my FW easier and more reliably than on my Bernina. It's new to me and I will love to carry it to classes and retreats and save bunches of room in my trunk when I do that. Sorry to hear Bernie is sick.

Sara said...

Aren't you glad you have a good back-up machine? My old Singer is pretty basic, but it sews. And it allows me to still sew even when my main machine is at the shop being tuned up.

Katie said...

When I took a class with John Flynn he insisted everyone in the class with a Bernina move the needle one position to the right to get an accurate 1/4"! I use my sticky (a la Bonnie) seam guide on all my machines. I never trust the "1/4 inch foot". :-)

Katie said...

Oh. And I got a replacement foot pedal for the Featherweight because I just can't get used to the little button anymore. :-)

Connie said...

O goodness, I hope your Bernie is up and running & all better soon. I love sewing on mine and even though I enjoy having a couple of FWs, I do prefer piecing with the Bernina. I love all the modern features it offers. Some of my quilty friends sew mostly on their FWs so I tried it a while but I always return to Bernie.

Pat said...

Love my FW! I did buy a new foot pedal for the same reason -- not fond of that button. I also bought a 1/4" foot with the little fence on the side. Good investment. The only thing I really miss when I'm not sewing on my Bernie is my knee lift.

Beth said...

Love the diagram. And the conclusion...it sews. Glad you have a back up.