Saturday, February 23, 2013

A humbling thought.....

Kevin is downstairs working on Duncan... yes I named the treadle.  He has so much more patience than I do.  In this picture he has a piece of string (for lack of a better word) and is getting into all the trim on the stand.  We are waiting for the parts to arrive to get it up and running.

Anyway, I started to think of something while I was watching him.  In a 100 years, will someone walk through an antique market and find my Bernina and wonder about the woman who owned it?  Will this person think about all the hours spent creating and wonder what was created?  Will my quilts be looked upon as objects of love?

I think the next time I find an antique machine or quilt, I'm going to take a few extra minutes and think about  the lady or gent that first had the pleasure of owning them.

Have a great day!




3 comments:

Tracy said...

If he decides to go into business doing this I've got one for him to look at!

Carol said...

I have a treadle sitting and waiting for some love. I got the cabinet refinished but can't find anyone to work on the machine:(

Beth said...

Looks like he is doing an excellent job.