Saturday, December 29, 2012

Freyr the Snowstorm...

Ok, the first thing I have to ask is... when did they start naming snowstorms???? Seriously... are we going to start naming earthquakes?????

Now that I have that off my chest... the snow has stopped.  Kevin, Abby, and Beth are out blowing and shoveling the snow of driveways, so once again I take the opportunity to clean up.

The Christmas tree is wrapped up and put up in the attic.  It's only 4 feet tall and it's pre-lit, so we just wrap an old sheet around it and 'poof' it's ready to sleep for the year.  I think that there is some genetic predisposition to vacuuming after the tree comes down.. you know, all those needles the tree loses?  Even though we don't lose needles, I have to vacuum.  So the furniture has been moved and at least one cat's worth of fur and one kid's worth of long red/brown hair has been sucked up.  Not to mention all the thread bunnies I have managed to create.

Of course the sewing room got a good once over in all this... and yes, once again I did rearrange.  I think I'm ADD.... I can't keep things the same for very long.  I did put a couple of things up on the attic that I really didn't need down here, went through some patterns I had ripped out of magazines and decided what to keep, and re-stacked fabric on the shelf. When am I going to use all of this (and I bought more last night).

I did manage to get the center of Rick-Rack Nines put together and have the measurement for the first border.  Cutting might be a tonight activity or will wait until Monday.  We hope to take our annual trip to Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Hope you had a super quilty day!!!!!


2 comments:

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Motivational mojo - spread the wealth girl!
Sounds like a great day accomplished that can now lead into a few days of relaxed sewing.

Anonymous said...

This is the first year for named winter storms. The Weather Channel mentioned it a few months ago.
Love your quilts!
Loretta in Louisiana