Sunday, November 11, 2012

Flimsy finish.......


Anymore, I allow myself to feel a finish is one step closer when I have it at the flimsy stage.

This is Bonnie Hunter's "Jared Takes a Wife" pattern.  Bonnie was teaching this class in Bedford, PA last July and I drove the hour west to sit, sew, and visit.

Today I got the flimsy done.  It will be for Abby... my owl girl.

Oh, and the picture of Kevin???? He was working on a bag for his  Civil War re-enacting.  I just had to share he looked so cute.

Now to piece the backing.

Quilty Hugs!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love the top! I kind of feel things are "finished" at that stage - with all the cutting and trimming and piecing, it's a huge achievement to go from lots of pieces to one big one lol

Beth said...

Jared takes a Wife is a beauty. Great colors.
I kind of consider it done when the top is done. Probably because piecing is my favorite part.
Happy stitching

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Civil War reenactment project stitched on an electric machine? :)(I'm not the reenactment police, it just made me smile this morning)

thank you for sharing your quilts, Sharyn

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. The turquoise in that top really adds a bit of pizzazz--very pretty! So glad to hear that Sandy didn't affect you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
best, nadia