Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fabric Therapy Day the Bonnie Hunter Way


It has been many days since I have allowed myself some seriously needed fabric therapy.  Of course, one reason it happened is because I stayed at school yesterday until 6 pm.  As they say when you are on a roll........................................

Anyway back to the therapy.

Last year I had decided to work on an  Irish Chain (ala Bonnie) with all of my leaders and enders four-patch units.  Then I discovered Rick Rack Nines.  It has been calling to me and when fabric calls I have learned it is best to listen.

This has been an ongoing project, here and there when I have a few minutes.  Today was the day to really do some damage to all of those pieces.  I got all of the 9-patch units made, all of the set-in squares and triangles cut, and actually started on some rows.  Needless to say I'm pleased. It felt so good to commune with the sewing machine.

I shouldn't have quit though... as I sliced my thumb along with an onion getting a meatloaf ready for the oven.  But that is another story.

Hope everyone had a pleasant fabric filled day!


5 comments:

Pauline said...

looks great nancy.....

Michelle said...

Oh wow...can't wait to see this one come together. I can tell it's going to be awesome! Great job.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo, looks lovely! I will watch the progress of this one.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oh Nancy.... I was so excited to read about your amazing day; up until I read about slicing your finger. Oh girl! We need to hook up again soon for some togetherness-quilty-therapy.

Katie said...

OUCH! The onion juice just adds insult to injury!

Love the quilt. It's going to be wonderful. :-)