Monday, October 29, 2012

Before the power goes out....

Thinking positively here.  The winds have picked up, gusting now and then.  It's raining.... a lot.  I called Beth at Drexel and she said at one point the rain was falling horizontally.

Our schools are closed today and tomorrow.  Since I managed to get the bulk of the grading I needed to do finished on Saturday and taken back to school, today and tomorrow will be much needed fabric therapy days.

This is Bonnie Hunter's Jared Takes a Wife pattern.  She taught a class in Bedford, PA last July and my friend Belinda and I drove the hour west to see her and take part.  Some of you know that my daughter, Abby, loves owls.  I found this fabric last spring and of course bought it with no idea in mind as to what I was going to do with it.

Tada!!!!!

I only have 11 blocks out of 30 made, they are coming slowly but surely.  I don't crank things out as fast as I used to.  Is that because I'm 50 and sitting there is hell on my back..... or because I just want to enjoy the time in my sewing room.  Slow and steady wins the race right?

Hugs to all in the path of the storm.  Sew while you can!!!


4 comments:

Sara said...

Very pretty blocks! Stay safe in this weather and enjoy that sewing time. We had 2 days of 60-70 mph winds last week but without any rain. It was brutal, so I can't imagine adding rain and snow to the mix.

Pat said...

I love the bright colors!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

OH MY! You want to hear that quilt name that just came to mind?

"Blue Skies in Green Bay"

Great "free day" sewing.

Valerie said...

Love your Jared Takes a Wife - I made one too! We saw her back in June in Ohio. My top is done all but the last border. Your colors are great! :)