Monday, August 20, 2012

What you can accomplish with friends....



Last night I was tuned in to Bonnie Hunter's Live Quilt Cam.  Granted it wasn't the smoothest of video streams, but still, you're with a fellow quilter and it is amazing how that inspires you to get one of those mundane tasks done.

While I was listening to Bonnie, I video chatted through Facebook with Amy.  Again, the inspiration level was amazing.

So, what did I accomplish?  I am going to use up a bunch of leader-enders in Bonnie's pattern Rick Rack Nines.  Last night my task was to put the twosies on the foursies so that I can then add threesies to make ninesies.  Does that make sense?  Today I pressed them, and Bonnie's assembly line pressing is great when getting 270 pieces pressed!!!

So, when Bonnie gets back from Bali, I hope to  tune in and get some more accomplished.   I think I've discovered the reason for going on a retreat.


7 comments:

Suzan said...

That's what I like about a retreat. Lots of inspiration and I always seem to get so much done. Of course, that may also be due to the fact that if I pay to go on a retreat, I am not going to waste my money goofing off!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting so much done. I wasn't with Bonnie last night (school night:() but I was with her the two nights before that and got tons done while she chatted away.

Anonymous said...

I love your ironing board. What brand is it and where can I purchase one like it?

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo congrats on getting lots done. My husband calls my sewing room a time warp place, because when I enter I lose all sense of time. :D

Barb said...

Wow...it is fun to quilt via technology...my sister and I used to do that when her internet was working.

Andee said...

Looking good! I can't wait to sew with Bonnie again!

Michelle said...

Not sure what this quilt it...but from the looks of it, I think I'd love it! I'll have to look it up. :)