Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Table conundrum...........

Do any of you have the Quilter's Dream table? I love mine. When I was working as a long-term sub 9 years ago I bought it. My conundrum is space..... leave the back  flap up or down. I notice in a lot of sewing-space pics that many people don't have a huge table space behind the machine... how does that work for you? Comments please.... just need some advice. Have a great day!

PS:  This is just a stock picture from the internet... not my sewing room


 

5 comments:

Kim West said...

The way I set my room up isi have the table space beside it. When I need the space for quilting behind, I add a table behind my spot temporarily. That way I have more free room when i am not quilting. I will say. Though, I
My tables are probably easier to move than that one.

Katie said...

I leave mine up, up, up! (But then I use it everyday for the big t-shirt quilts.) I just don't understand sewing furniture that closes. A foible of mine. :-)

Katie said...

I should also say that I have it set in a corner so quilts won't slide off the back or side. So closing it wouldn't save me any useful space.

Sherry said...

I don't have the same table; I use a SewEzi table. However, I have it in front of another table so that the quilt has some place to go instead of pulling against the needle (especially once it gets larger).

The benefit for me with this set up is that when I am doing small scale piecing I can use the table as a cutting and pressing station (it makes me get up so I'm not sitting in one position for hours on end).

PEGGY said...

Ibought that same table in the spring. I absolutely love mine!!
Peggy in NJ