Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Scrap Quilt Challenge

I finished my Scrap Quilt Challenge. I had actually had the pieces cut before school let out, and about 6 blocks finished. This is Bonnie Hunter's Oklahoma Backroads pattern. Anymore, I find 'regular' quilts boring... and prefer to make scrappy quilts. I'm not saying I don't make quilts from a pattern, it's just that I've made so many scrappy quilts now, they are in my blood :o)

 My friend Judie has a Viking mid-arm and she let me quilt on it last week. It isn't much, just a meander... trying to get used to the machine. I could definitely feel it in my arms when I was done... darn tendinitis. I did get a little artsy and quilted the date into the bottom border.


 Have a great day!

8 comments:

regan said...

It's awesome, Nancy! Well done!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

One word: W-O-W

I too much prefer scrap quilts-----they keep your eyes wandering around, observing all the different fabrics.

Excellent finish.

Katie said...

It's an amazing quilt. So bright. Like a garden! :-)

scraphappy said...

Beautiful qulit. Congratulations on the finish.

Beth said...

wow. looks awesome.

KatieQ said...

It looks great. I am also a scrap quilt lover. It always amazes me how so many fabrics can go together so well.

Michelle said...

Ahhhh....love that quilt! I have one started from a workshop I took with Bonnie earlier this year. I'm itching to get back to work on it! Great job!

Pattilou said...

I haven't been visiting blogs for awhile and it's been fun catching up with you. Your summer project is just my kind of quilt. Super!