Friday, July 6, 2012

Mail call.... highs and lows

The mail carrier came to the door with packages this morning... both for me. I was so excited. One was Bonnie Hunter's new book. I have skimmed through it and drooled a little bit :o) She is such a talented lady. The other wonderful thing to arrive was my dry iron. Bonnie had posted about them from the Vermont Quilt Festival. It has a solid plate, which is great because sometimes corners get caught in the vent holes on my iron and wrinkle up when I press. However, when I opened it, I found it was broken and cracked. How to go from a mile high to flat on the ground! Needless to say I went back on Amazon and now am awaiting an email from the third party seller it came from. So, I guess I just need to be patient and use the iron I have. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. If you are anywhere the heat is, stay inside and stay cool!

5 comments:

regan said...

Oh, how frustrating that was! I can totally relate! Hopefully they will have another to send you very soon; I think I read on Bonnie's comments that others had tried directly through the Vermont Country Store and they were on a big back order! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

I will need to be patient as well; I only ordered Bonnie's book a couple of days ago once I knew I didn't win her give away, but THAT'S OKAY! I have loads to work on without having the temptation!

And a big ol' pout heading your way about the iron. I certainly am pulling for you! I wonder if Bonnie's posts cause an outage for things she inadvertently "sponsors" via her blog posts?!? I ALSO contemplated order an iron! Keep us posted.

Beth said...

Yeah on the book, boo on the busted iron. Hope you get a replacement.

Katie said...

Was that from the Vermont Country Store? I received two in a row that were busted because of lousy packing. Then the final unbusted one was making black marks on my fabric. Sigh. I wish you better luck!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Katie,
I am so sorry that you are having so many issues with your iron. We at the Vermont Country Store stand by our product 100% and would be more than happy to work something out with you, for your troubles. Please call our Customer Service at 1-800-211-4741 and let us know your troubles. I would fix it my self, but have no way of looking up your account with us. Also, please let the Customer Service Rep know of the black marks on the fabric. We will most definitely correct this situation as well. Again, we are extremely sorry for your inconveniences and look forward to correcting this situation.
Thank you,
Jessi T.