Monday, June 11, 2012

Bitten by the bug.....



Ever since Kevin bought me my first antique quilt at an estate sale I've been hooked. Now when we have a moment to go to flea markets and such, I look for quilts. Some are in really bad shape. Some it is difficult to tell exactly how old they really are. Some I can tell are newer that people make to 'look' old. Yesterday we had some time to kill while Abby and Beth were at a graduation party so we went to the flea market. I saw one baby quilt with a price of $200 dollars on it... WAY out of my price range. But I did find this. Don't you love it? And see how the artist added strips along the bowties to make them all fit? The backing is pretty wild (purples, greens, yellows) and it almost made me think it was a modern fabric. But, the backing was turned over for the binding and it is worn all the way around. Now this orphan has a home.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful find!!!

Katie said...

Nice! That's inspirational. I love bowties (ala Bonnie Hunter) but I don't do cheddar.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. Nice treasure hunting! And congratulations for your daughters' graduation.
best, nadia