Sunday, May 13, 2012

Red and White challenge.......

Our guild year has ended (we don't meet through the summer) and one of the traditional events at the May meeting is to reveal the annual challenge. I was in charge of the challenge this year so I decided to let it serve two purposes; one, to challenge guild members and two, to get the red and white quilt I've always wanted to make but never took the time to do it.

 So here it is. This is Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom pattern. I dug into my reds and started cutting 2-inch strips. For those of you that follow my blog, this is the quilt that created the tendinitis issues last fall. I love it!!!! Red is my favorite color and I love how all of the different fabrics and shades go together. Thank you all who convinced me to just cut and not worry about pinky-reds and maroony-reds, etc. I really love the triangle border made with the bonus triangles ala Bonnie's method.

 I seriously see me doing one of these with my greens, but not for a while. Happy Mother's Day!

12 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

Beautiful! I too have been wanting to do a red and white quilt. I've used the Pineapple Blossom pattern for another scrap quilt and but after seeing your results I'm tempted to use it again...although I seldom do the same pattern twice. Again, lovely, lovely quilt! Toni

Joanne said...

I love this quilt! If it ever needs a vacation from home, I'd love to take it in for a while. :-)

Pauline said...

hi nancy..love the new quilt...its beautiful...

Bonnie said...

Zowie! This is a fantastic quilt! I've done a pineapple blossom from Bonnie's site too... I really like your red and white A LOT. Stupendous. Outstanding and lots of other wonderful words. Good job! Now, what was the challenge?? LOL

regan said...

Awesome! I love it!

Beth said...

That quilt is awesome!!!
I am glad that you just cut the reds and didn't worry about the shades thing cause it is perfect.

When you starting that green one?

Linda said...

I love love love this done in reds. And I'm thinking of doing a green scrappy too. I'm pondering several different patterns that I could use to get lots of my greens used up and this really may be the one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Katie said...

That's fabulous! I can see why you're in love with it. :-)

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Two color quilts are always intriguing!

KatieQ said...

This quilt looks perfect in red and white. It's beautiful. I can definitely see how cutting all those strips can cause problems.

Janna said...

That is great! I am making a red and green for Christmas

Michelle said...

Oh Wow! I love, love, love that quilt! Oh my...might have to be another quilt on my "must do" list. Great job!!