Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Superior bummer.......

This tendonitis thing totally sucks. I got four shots in my arm last Friday and was told 'no repetitive movement, no lifting over five pounds'. Do you know how much 'repetitive movement' you do without even thinking about it?

All my sewing plans went down the tubes for my week of vacation. I will admit I was bad on Christmas Eve and bound a quilt for my mother-in-law... it was her giftie and needed to be done. And yes, I keep doing things even though I am not supposed to. I caught myself coming close to tears today because of this. I wanted to get two quilts bound this week and some other pieces cut for another quilt.

I really don't want to go back and get shot again... they hurt like the dickens!!!

Thanks for listening and letting me whine. I appreciate it. Now back to watching Abby, Beth, and Kevin decorate more cookies.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, I sure hope you can kick this problem...I would hate shots in my arms too....

Pat said...

Sorry you are so limited in what you can do, but.....of course, you know if you don't listen to the doctor, you will end up having more trouble for a longer period of time. I know it's a real bummer NOT to use the arm, but.....it's really necessary to try hard not to use it much. :(

Kritta22 said...

That totally stinks! I'm so sorry!

scraphappy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your arm. Hope it is under control soon. It is amazing how many of the things we do for quilting are repetitive in nature.

Helen said...

I feel your pain.

I fell on October 28 and dislocated and broke my right shoulder. A few days later, I innocently reached forward and dislocated and broke off the piece of bone that was broken. That lead to major shoulder surgery and a very very long recovery time.

I too am not allowed to use my right arm, and yes, I'm right handed.

I'm told I can do major, long-lasting injury if I am not careful. It's depressing to say the least.

Take time to heal, m'dear. It's important for the long haul.

Beth said...

I hope that arm recovers quickly!! Make sure you rest it!

Sara said...

Sorry to hear you are limited in activity with this problem. But it will heal more quickly if you can give that arm the rest it needs. I can sympathize as this week between the holidays goes much too quickly for educators.