Friday, December 30, 2011

"Isn't he just the cutest thing!!!" - Sally Brown

 

Kevin is taking this 'rest your arm' thing seriously and bless his heart, he is helping me press and organize my strip drawers.

As you can see, we are quite the assembly line; he presses, I sort. The drawer was full!!! All of the strips are organized into beautiful color piles and the one "I have no idea where to put these" pile right in the middle.

The 'after' is fantabulous - and while this is time consuming, it feels so good in the end to know exactly what I have to work with. Thanks for the inspiration Bonnie!!!

10 comments:

Kate said...

That is awesome - well worth it!!! And so great to have company doing it.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh...that is soooooooooo fabulous and what a helper....and a keeper!!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Amazing man
Amazing organization

Love it

Pauline said...

go Kevin......lol...hope your arm gets better pretty soon Nancy...Happy New Year to ya

Michelle said...

Wow...great job, both of you. I'm sorry you are having to deal limited mobility right now, but at least you are accomplishing a few things! Happy New Year!

Eat, Sleep, Quilt said...

Your strips look great, can I borrow Kevin?? I hope your arm gets better soon!

Katie said...

Yep. I've been eyeing up my scrap bins after seeing Bonnie's. I don't think my Linus is going to help me though. :-)

Bonnie said...

Wow! look how cute that drawer looks now. I did the same thing sans the ironing... but I put them in zip lock bags. Nice. Then I proceeded to use quite a bunch of them in a mystery quilt. Yeah... using stash...

Hope the arm is well on the mend... but darn it, doesn't school start back? Bummer

regan said...

Nancy, that is a good man you have there! A keeper! I, too, have sorted and ironed my strip bins.....when Bonnie was doing it, I kept saying, "Of course....why didn't I think of that!"..... Sheesh!

I just found your blog after reading your very nice comment to Bonnie on those twits who think they should be in charge of her blog! Can you imagine the gall of these people! I think that lady is really lucky she didn't take Bonnie's class.....cuz I think there'd be a few quilters ready to put her in her place! Ha!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. Hope your arm is better. Of course, the photo that will please women everywhere is of your husband ironing strips!
best, nadia