Sunday, November 27, 2011

My latest accomplishments......

Over the last couple of months I have managed to get a couple of things done in between adapting things for my students.

The first is a Cars quilt for my great-nephew Carson. He LOVES Lightning McQueen. The farm animal quilt is for his new baby brother Aidan.

The yellow quilt is from fabric that I bought 10 years ago at G-Street Fabrics in Rockville, MD. Erin's penpal, Emma, was here from Scotland and we popped in during our visit to Washington, DC. She picked out the fabric; it only took me 10 years to figure it out. I think she will be surprised when it arrives.

Ok, back to my latest project. We still have vacation tomorrow and Tuesday, but this is my last 'play' day... I have school work to do.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Your quilts are wonderful, you are one busy gal and can accomplish alot...

Pauline said...

Nice work Nancy...lots of finishes....and yep she will be surprised!! hahah...

KatieQ said...

The quilts for Carson and Aidan look great. I'm sure they will love them.
Your lattice quilt is beautiful. You did a great job with all of those partial seams. I think it is definitely worth a 10 year wait.
Over the weekend I rediscovered the blocks from the Chimney Sweep swap you hosted in 2010. Have you put yours into a quilt yet?

KatieQ said...

The quilts for Carson and Aidan look great. I'm sure they will love them.
Your lattice quilt is beautiful. You did a great job with all of those partial seams. I think it is definitely worth a 10 year wait.
Over the weekend I rediscovered the blocks from the Chimney Sweep swap you hosted in 2010. Have you put yours into a quilt yet?