Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two and a half weeks.....

I can tell the end is near. I'm spending time in my classroom hanging posters and such (how they think you can get a classroom ready in one afternoon is beyond me). Today I concluded a two-part, 7.5 hour meeting regarding and incoming student.

On the quilting front I got my next hand-quilting project thread-basted over the weekend. I want to get the the quilt top made for that special someone (who is practically standing behind me) done before school starts. I'm about half finished and plan to stay home tomorrow and complete the task.

On the weather side of things... RAIN!!!!! We have had more rain in the last few days then we've had in over a month. It is lovely to see puddles along the road and the green grass again.

Hope all is well with you in your corner of the world.

Hugs!

8 comments:

Sara said...

I agree completely - only the HS math teacher could get his classroom ready in one afternoon. The rest of us took MUCH longer! I have 2 solid weeks of facilitating in-services at schools before school starts around here. And I wanted to say to someone today: "Why does your lack of planning become my emergency?" But I kept quiet. Good luck with the new school year!

Kelli said...

Love the summer picture. Time is going by way too fast! Happy School Year! :) Glad to hear it's been raining in some places that needed it, too!

sosarahsew said...

When I used to teach I figured that any job/project that had been planned for summer wouldn't happen if it was not done by July 4. Even though that is not the halfway point of the summer, time just seemed to go faster after that. I hope you get a lot done today for the special someone.

Sherry said...

I love to hand quilt. . . but it takes me forever! I hope you are able to get the special quilt done in time.

I had hoped to get more done in my basement this weekend but that won't happen because DH wants to go away for the weekend to camp.

Looking forward to the next update.

Barb said...

It is hard to believe that you will be back in the class room...hope you enjoyed your summer!

Beth said...

I hope your classroom is ready. I hope that you have a great rest of the summer and a smooth sailing school year.

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

Nancy, getting a classroom ready for a new school year is a big job and you deserve a blue ribbon. I know because my daughter has been teaching for over 34 years and every fall there are always new, unforeseen problems. Pam

Gari said...

Gee, didn't summer vacation just start?