Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quilting Software.....

I guess I'm a software junkie.... or I have an unrealistic view of the time I have to actually devote to using it.


My latest acquisition? The Farmer's Wife book and CD. I ordered it all prior to knowing that A: the patterns are available as PDFs on line (can't remember where but I downloaded it on the PC) B: You can use Marti Michel's acrylic templates (haven't bought them yet).


So where do I begin????? I think that this will be 'after school starts' project.

Any suggestions?

Quilty Hugs,

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't have the Farmers Wife but I do have the Dear Jane program.....you will love it......

Barb said...

No words of advice, I will just sit back and cheer you on! I have the Farmers Wife Book, but not the software..., so far I have just paged thru it! Good luck and have fun! School is getting closer...I can tell because more and more teachers are checking into the office with requests :>)!! Hope your school year is the best!

Nancy said...

I also have the book and cd...haven't done anything with it...not even opened it..

this is next summer's project..

Michelle said...

Just start with one block...you'll be hooked! :P

Beth said...

I got the book too. Have no idea when I will find time to actually use the book.

Susan said...

I have the book and CD for Farmer's Wife (didn't know they came separately) and have downloaded the PDF files that have more than one template per page. AND I bought Marti Mitchell's Set A and Set B templates when I saw them at Sauder's last week.

I'm in a SAL at my LQS and am supposed to make 6 blocks a month (ha!). The leader had us start out with blocks that needed only 2 templates and then we add more templates each month. This has been going on since June and I have four blocks completed. I've actually made more than that, but have had to re-do some. This may be an "after retirement" project for me.