Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Previously... on Patchwork Penguin

As you recall, yesterday I made my virgin attempt to make a Pineapple block using Gyleen Fitgerald's "Trash 2 Treasures" book and ruler. Yes I admit I skimmed the directions; attempted the block, swore at it a bit, figure it out myself, THEN went back and read the book. I do things bass-ackwards that way.
So after all that, I sliced and diced my Christmas fabrics into 1.5" strips. Isn't that a lovely pile??? Reminds me of spaghetti. The center blocks are all the same.... the only uniformity to the whole thing I guess.

I have two out of 64 done. Not something I'm going to get done in a weekend. Lots of up-and-down to the ironing board which they say is a good thing.

Oh, and before I got started, Kevin had to put my arms back on .... my chair. I decided I didn't like it without them.


 
Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

julieQ said...

Happy Quilting to you! Wonderful pineapple blocks...I am glad I am not the only one who does things bass-ackwards!!

Barb said...

Well...sometimes it is a live and learn thing....and mostly school of hard knocks (wrong decisions)...glad you figured it out. Looks great!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

The blocks look GREAT!!!!!!!! So tempting!

Tip for pressing: if you are able to set up a small side-table near your quilting chair, and have a towel or two, you could set up a make-shift ironing board next to you to eliminate the up/down time. It's amazing how much more you accomplish ;0) (ask me how I know after sewing almost all 168 string blocks these past two days)

Katie said...

I'm in the market for a new chair. But the good ones are SO expensive! Sigh.

Pauline said...

they look great though nancy....patience mate...patience...hahah cheers

Gari said...

I have never made a pineapple block, they look like a whole lot of work. But beautiful once done.

Beth said...

Your pineapple blocks look great. I am backwards kind of person most of the time too. LOL
Happy stitching

KatieQ said...

It's a great idea to use Christmas fabrics for the Pineapple Blocks. They look great.

scraphappy said...

What a pretty quilt that will be. Eventually....

Michelle said...

I recently discovered this book/ruler too...love it! I gotta get back to making them. :)