Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pineapple Block - Gyleen style

This is why my first grade teacher said on my report card.. "Does not like to follow directions."

Ok, I admit, I skimmed the book... I didn't read it. But after walking away and then going back with a clear head (and lunch) I got my pineapple block figured out using Gyleen Fitzgerald's ruler and book "Trash 2 Treasure".

I'm liking it... and am in the process now of cutting ALL of my Christmassy fabrics into 1.5" inch strips.

Hope you are having a great day!!!

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Cute pineapple block. I've always paper pieced mine, but a ruler sounds like more fun. Great way to use up scraps!

Jan said...

I want to do this too!!!!!

Jan

Andee said...

I was just looking at that book and thinking I should do something with it to justify the purchase! I love your block...thanks for sharing!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

I saw a big exhibit of her pineapple project at Long Beach (I think) and bought her ruler... I think I made about 1/2 of a block! Her method makes a lot of sense but I think it requires making a bunch of blocks in order for it to feel "natural"! Can't wait to see a whole quilt from you.

Katie said...

But you didn't run with scissors? LOL

The block looks great. :-)

Julie Fukuda said...

Rules are made to be broken!