Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Old is new... and a finish


Kevin is on vacation this week, so today we went to breakfast and did some running around.

We went to a local flea market/antique co-op and of course I was on the lookout for old quilts. This is what I found. It is a beautiful pink/yellow squares pattern with a purple sashing. There is also an embroidered date of 1917 in one of the corners on the back. I love it!!!!

Also, I was able to finish another UFO this week. This is my guild President's quilt. I had the honor of serving as president of the Chambersburg Quilt Guild in 2000-2001. You know how quilts have to talk to you... well this one took its own sweet time telling me how to finish it. When I was asked what fabrics and colors I like I said "Red and Pansies". The reaction was "Yeah, like we will find that" and low and behold they did!!!!!! I love this quilt... there are signatures of members who have passed on and some whose pathes have taken them away from the guild.

So since I knew I wasn't going to get my hand-quilted sampler done anytime soon, I made an executive decision to switch this one for the sampler on my UFO list (see sidebar). Five of my UFOs are at Donna's waiting to be quilted periodically after her machine gets a tune-up. So other than one huge one that I need to find a stencil for to mark some wreathes, my UFO box is EMPTY!!!!! My goal will soon be reached... I am so psyched.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day (in much cooler temps I might add).

Hugs!!!

7 comments:

floribunda... aka Julie said...

your UFO box is empty? better get busy on some new ones... or how about if I send you a few of mine?

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Wooohoooo.......now you can take on some of MY UFOs :0)

Amazing feat, Nanc!

Tracy said...

Way to go girl!
Who is peeking out from behind the quilt?!LOL!

Barb said...

Now that is a flea market find.....lucky you. Love your quilt.

Katie said...

Wow. I have a great big UFO cabinet! I'm so jealous! :-)

Susan said...

Great use of your time off!!

Pattilou said...

Lovely antique find! Your president's quilt is lovely. Great feeling to have those UFO's tamed isn't it.