Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Neverending Hexagons.....

I love 30's prints... and I love hexagons. So a couple of years ago I decided to embark on a Grandmother's Flower Garden. I have lots of flowers made, more to make, and have a few actually put together.

Then I decided... why not try 1/2-inch???? So, I cut out some Civil War prints (my new passion) and some Kona Natural and get those together. No clue what I'm going to do with it (no it is NOT going to be a full-size quilt)... I just like putting them together.

Now I have challenged myself (with a "You're nuts!" from my Sundae Quilter pals) to try the 1/4-inch. Gonna look for those at Quilt Odyssey in two weeks.

I'll let you know what the address is for my rubber room :o)

Hugs!


5 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Nancy.
one of the ladies in my sewing room is doing quarter inch hexies..omg..she sits there every week doing these tiny tiny things...I dont know how she does it!!! would drive me nuts!! yeah keep me posted on the rubber room for sure mate...ya gunna need it!!!

Caroline in NH said...

Love the diamond-and-star arrangement!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

The diamond hexie project is beautiful! Not sure on the size there, but I definitely could see it as a table topper/decor. I always admire the hexies on everyone else's blogs; DEFINITELY NOT my cup of tea, though.

Beth said...

Looks great! I did a small clutch bag with the 1/2 inch ( I think) and 30's fabric. I rewally want to do a big flower garden. Someday. Not today.

Bonnie said...

Ohhh nifty work so far... you need to take these pictures with a quarter next to them... or something that shows scale. I'm plugging away on mine but each of the flowers will be put on a square background. Easier, faster and someday I might actually finish it! And, did I say small... quilt that is... obviously 1" isn't that small!