Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer break is here.......

....and with it summer jobs.

Yesterday was spent at school for my contract option day. Having fulfilled that, I will not have to go in on the November 30th In-service day next year.




Today's task was strawberry jam. I make it with the low-sugar Sure-gel.... yummy!!! I know I've posted about this before (it's an annual thing).   Abby helped so very much.... and we even drafted Phil, her boyfriend.  Even Smokey approves!!!

Having started with 16 quart, we still have three sitting on the counter waiting to be capped and munched on. The other 13 are in these jars and in one freezer bag for ice cream on Father's Day (another yum!).

Hopefully going to get some sewing/quilting in this week. Need some fabric therapy time.

Hugs!!!

10 comments:

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Doin' the summer happy dance for you!!!!!!
;0)
And that jam looks scrumdiddilyumptous! :0)

Carol said...

Yum, Yum and Yum. Love strawberry jam.

Beth said...

That jam looks soooo good.
I have to tell you that as I glanced at the post before I opened it to read you wrote contract option and I read contraception. At a glance. I better check my glasses. LOL

Barb said...

Looks like you are enjoying your break, the jam looks wonderful!

Della said...

Delish...

Tracy said...

Is that kitty licking his lips?!!

Pattilou said...

That jam does look good! I'm lazy and tried a bottle from Costco--DH says it's not too bad, but not homemade. Maybe he'll get used to it!

KatieQ said...

I love seeing your kitty licking her lips.

Katie said...

Yum indeed! :-)

pajudie said...

Oooo - looking good, Nancy :o)