Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Learning to let go....

Recently, whether in one of her books or on her blog, I read something written by Bonnie Hunter. It had to do with scraps and using them in a quilt. It is OK to put 30's fabrics with theme fabrics with Christmas fabrics with calico that is older than dirt fabric with.... well you get the idea.


Yesterday I went rooting through bins and I found leader/enders that I had been saving. Some were Christmas four-patches, for that Christmas scrap quilt I was going to make how many years ago. Then there were the 30's pieces, for that 30's scrap quilt. If they aren't made yet, they aren't going to happen.


So after some reassurance from Kevin, I put all of them together in one box and will put them into a totally scrappy quilt. I can't save all of this anymore for 'this project' or 'that project'.


This is like AA for quilters, people!!! I've decided it is part of my 12-step intervention program!!!


So yes, I'm Nancy.... and I'm a fabricaholic. There, it's said and I can learn to let go and put it all together.

Now if only giving up Coca-cola was that easy.


Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Hello, I'm Amy, and I'm a fabric-aholic. I have a hard time cutting into yardage when it looks so neat all folded-n-such. BUT, the other day, I ALSO took my first step of QA (Quilter's Anonymous) and CUT INTO IT! :0)

One thing though.....I CAN'T believe you didn't share PICTURES!!!!! :0)

Beth said...

Hello, I am Beth and I am a fabricholic. I have a hard time letting go of anything that comes into my sewing room. I also have a wee bit of a fabric shopping problem. Made worse by the fact that I work in a quilt shop.
Will see what I can put together in a scrappy quilt and clear out those scraps.

Michelle said...

The first step is the hardest...LOL I have the same problem, blending theme fabrics together. I'm getting better since I've started the leader-ender thing too! Good luck!!

paula, the quilter said...

I have a Jewel Box quilt that I made and I keep it in our camping trailer. The consistent fabric is black and it is so much fun to see the Christmas squares next to a child's print. Just go for it and it will turn out.