Saturday, May 28, 2011

Binging and Purging

One thing nice about the Memorial Day weekend is I really don't have to stress too much over school. There are two weeks left, I know what I'm doing and needless to say I am breathing a sigh of relief.

I've been doing a lot of purging in the sewing room. I went through a stack of magazines, saved the ones I want and put the rest in a box to donate to the guild quilt show boutique table. I also found some notecards, nick-nacks, and patterns that I know I will never do anything with. I am nowhere near done though and will work on this from now until the show in July.

The up side of all this is that I found the camera case and the file containing all of the disks for my laptop (Kevin is laughing at me).

Part of my purging will be looking seriously at my stash and perhaps having a yard sale on my blog. Somewhere in time I really liked, even loved, all of this fabric. But there comes a time when reality bites me in the butt and i need to pass it along to someone who can really make use of it.

So blogland friends, keep your eyes open. The yard sale will open soon.

Hugs!


PS I guess I never did buy Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book.... so I just ordered (Kevin laughed at that too).

7 comments:

Barb said...

Oh.....I am thinking of having a garage sale on my blog too...maybe we should all link up?

Kate said...

Hey Nancy
I'm going through the same sort of thing - after years of accumulating, I am comfortable destashing now. I've tried so many techniques and made so many quilts over that time that I'm comfortable with slowing down a bit and focusing on just a few things....at the moment for me, less is more...

KatieQ said...

I'm glad you're nearing the home stretch for this year. I'm sure the last two weeks of school will keep you busy. I hope you are able to carve out a little time for yourself.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Yup....I can hear it....
..."The fi-nal Count-down".....

Good to hear from your part of the world :0)

Cornfield Quilter said...

A garage sale on your blog? How cool!! I have become a stay at home wife, have still been trying to find something at least part time, and seem to be using my fabric up quickly! I will defiantely keep my eyes open for you blog sale!! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

pajudie said...

When you're done with yours, would you like to come over and organize mine??

floribunda... aka Julie said...

Hey, Ms. Penguin! We need a UFO number for June...

I'll be watching for your garage sale too, and might have to follow up with one of my own!