Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gyleen Fitzgerald... amazing!!!!

Today was guild day, and our guest speaker was Gyleen (pronounced GUYleen) Fitzgerald of Colorful Stitches. Amazing woman!!!! and funny......... she had us laughing all throughout her presentation.

I had the honor of booking her visit when I was on the program committee last year and I am so glad that we had the opportunity. She told me that she is booking out to 2013 already... including a cruise to Alaska in August of that year!!!!! Wish I could squeeze that in before school started.

Anyway, her new book is called Trash to Treasure: Pineapple Quilt Challenge. If you are on Facebook look it up. If you are in a guild, suggest her to your program committee. I know you will enjoy her visit.

8 comments:

Pat said...

We've had her at two guilds in our area and I just love her.....great personality and brilliant quilting mind. I really like her pineapple quilt ruler, too.

Eat, Sleep, Quilt said...

We had Gyleen visit our guild (Uhuru Quilters Guild) a couple years ago, she did a fantastic trunk show! I love her quilts.

Linda

Rose Anne said...

Gyleen has been to our guild (Lebanon Quilters Guild) twice. She is so creative and entertaining. Wish I could go on that cruise to Alaska with her.

Michelle said...

Funny you should mention this now. Although I wasn't lucky enough to meet Gyleen personally, just this week at retreat, one of the gals demo'd her pineapple ruler and I love it! I hadn't heard of her before now. I have pics up on my blog. I'd love to take one of her classes one day!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

I saw her Trash to Treasure exhibit at Long Beach last year (and bought her ruler, which I've only begun to play with...)-- very cool stuff!

Bonnie said...

Yep, as all your comments say Gyleen is wonderful. Taken some classes from her (years ago -- pre pineapple ruler) and seen several of her talks. Great, energetic lady.

Tapping Solution DVD said...

She's one talented lady!

Vicki said...

I met Gyleen in Houston and took her info back to our state guild. and We are having her next March. cant wait. bought her book and have been cutting up 1 1/2 strips. so glad you had a great experience with her,.