Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

February UFO #8 - Flimsy Done

So when I began this UFO challenge idea two years ago... my mind said "Done is done... quilted, bound... done." Now I say... "whatever!!!!.... if it is 'doner' than it used to be... I'll take it."

So here is my February UFO challenge.... Old Tobacco Road. This was a Bonnie Hunter mystery a couple of years back. Mine is a little narrower than hers... lesson learned... don't whack when something is gnawing at you. But I think it turned out well. I'll get the back pieced and off to Donna to add to my longarm list.

Speaking of Donna, I know she is working on my Dresden Plate, so maybe I'll get that one done-done and off the list sooner rather than later.

Happy Quilting!!

12 comments:

Suzan said...

Quilt top looks great. I love the flying geese border!

Miss 376 said...

It does look good. Must be a the weekend for finishes, I got my February UFO done yesterday

Barb said...

Just love your flimsy!!

Anonymous said...

I need to go diving in the mound of tops and find my old tobacco road top. When I made it Cory expressed an interest in the top. Sort of was surprised by that, since he is a black and brights kind of quilt guy. I do believe I may be on the way with 2011 Christmas gifts, if I decide I don't want to keep the quilt :)

fraz

Trudi said...

It's wonderful, and like you say, done even to this stage is one more step ahead of the game! :)

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Your post gave me a good giggle here! I'm with you in the "doner-than-before" idea!!! ;0)

Eat, Sleep, Quilt said...

I love your colors in that old tobacco road - congrats on getting it to this stage! I have a friend who used more browns and hers is gorgeous too - I guess with that pattern you're a sure winner, no matter what colors you emphasize. That's on my to-do list.

Linda

Yvette said...

That turned out great!

Beth said...

It looks great. Love your colors. I count any progress on my UFOs. LOL

Linda said...

Looks great!!! I love it! Thanks for pulling early too! Have a great month!

Katie said...

Your OTR is gorgeous! I think mine is my favorite quilt. :-)

Quilty Conscience said...

This quilt is gorgeous! Lots of little pieces tho'. I don't think I'll be putting it on my Bucket List for this year!
Toni