Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A young life is gone.....

Our district lost a student this evening. He was 18; ... a senior ready to embark on the next phase of his life.

I've known him since he was a little boy.... he was in nursery school with my twins.

A wicked traffic accident Sunday night... he went through the windshield from what I understand; broke his pelvis in two places... and laid in the cold so long his core temp was down in the 30s. I don't know much more than that.

Please.... hug your children.... hug anyone..... it all goes by so quickly.


12 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Nancy...how sad..I will give my son a big hug tonight..

Bunny said...

Oh this is such a sad story. My prayers are there for his family and friends.

AMW said...

Oh so sad and so young. Truly a tragedy!

Pat said...

What a terrible thing. Praying for peace in your heart.

Katie said...

How awful. I think I need to go hug someone.

Barb said...

That is soooooooooo sad.....I am sorry for your loss....and the family's.

Pat said...

I am so sad and nearly sick to read about this horrible accident and how long the young man laid there in bad shape. Life sure has some horrible things that occur, doesn't it?

Trudi said...

Oh Nancy this is terrible news. I'm so sorry for your loss and especially for the loss for the young mans family. I'd hug both my kids if they were with me right now. Only makes me worry about them even more when they are away! peace

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Words can't express the absolute sadness that we feel when such tragedy occurs.

Pauline said...

ah mate..how sad....this is too regular with our young ppl..my friend has a son who is just hanging in there with serious head injuries..its tough....my thoughts with the poor family..too young!

Eat, Sleep, Quilt said...

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry this happened... it would be awful anyway, but especially so since it's someone you saw grow up from a toddler.

Linda

julieQ said...

I am just really so sorry...poor family! My prayers are with them!