Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What in the world was I thinking.........

I made a quilt a few years ago with lots of 9-patches in it... and I had more leftover.

So I took some of the leftovers and put them into 9 in 9-patch squares, set them on point with plain set in squares, and then set-in triangles.. yada yada yada.... you know the deal.

Long story short... this puppy is approximately 105" x 125"........ and its on my UFO list!!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of hand quilting it... I want wreathes in the set in squares.

Stay tuned!

7 comments:

quiltingnana said...

big job!!!

Joanne said...

Any pictures to share?

scraphappy said...

Sometimes there are good reasons that quilts become UFOs. Planning to hand quilt a ginormous quilt like that sounds like a good reason for a quilt to remain unfinished for a VERY long time.

Barb said...

You are going to take on a large task but you can do it!

Julie Fukuda said...

Good for you! We give you permission to do it in a Slow Poke manner.

Beth said...

Yes! You can hand quilt whenever you have a bit of time. It is about the journey not the destination.

Rose Anne said...

Have you considered quilting with a utility stitch. Still a big job but would go somewhat faster.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.