Tuesday, January 18, 2011

S(n)ew Day......now nICE

We got the call last night around 10pm that we would be on a 2-hour delay today. Then around 7 am this morning we got the call that school is closed.

Darn!! I left all of my stuff at school :o)

So I'm using the day to catch up on fixing, piecing, etc. I took the borders off of one quilt that was made in my 'quilter's infancy'.... you know when you just cut a border, sew it on and whack off what is left over. The picture above shows what I had left after measuring it to fit. Breathing a big sigh here.......

I pieced the backing for it also; a hodge-podge of three different purple-floral fabrics. It's for Abby and she doesn't care what the back looks like as long as the quilt keeps her warm.

Ok, I'm off to check my UFO list and see what needs done to what to get ready to quilt. I have to finish marking borders on my 30's sampler to hand quilt also. Should do that while the sun shines.

Hugs!

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your free day. I hope you aren't still going to school in June, but you might as well enjoy the days as they come.

Mom2fur said...

We're having that icky mushy rain here on Long Island (NY) today. It's a good day to sit in and work on some of those WIPs! For me, that's mostly crochet projects although I do have some sewing to work on, as well!
Stay warm!

Beth said...

What a happy problem....snow day, what to sew. Hope you enjoyed every minute of it!