Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January UFO..... I lucked out

I really lucked out on this one. Two days after Abby picked #3 for January my friend Donna, who does my long-arming, called me to say my Disappearing 9-patch was done.

Woohoo!!! That is #3 on the list. Can you believe it??? I got something done in the month I was supposed to (thanks to the holiday break).

This is a workshop sample for a class I am doing at guild in April. After that, it will be donated to Quilts of Valor.

Thanks Donna!

10 comments:

floribunda... aka Julie said...

congratulations! I have my #3 ready to pin and quilt... but this is the point where I always slow down!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your finish! I've been working on #3, too - just need some binding fabric to finish it, but it's been too cold and snowy to make a trip to the fabric store. Good thing I have a couple more weeks!

Miss 376 said...

Congratulations. I got mine done this weekend too

Julie Fukuda said...

All you guys have finished 3!!! And I was feeling good that my banner was done. Yikes!

Barb said...

congrats on your finishe!!!! Looks wonderful!

Sherry said...

Whooo Hoooo!! Great work on the finish. I have made a little more work done on the Kimono Medley quilt; hopefully this weekend I will get the top done.

I may machine quilt this one. . . but I'm not sure.

Darlene said...

Congrats on finishing your first UFO of the new year! One soldier will be very happy to receive this lovely quilt!

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing a UFO! I love it...'course I'm partial to patriotic quilts. :)

Trudi said...

Congratualtions! I'm just sewing binding on my #3 and I will have a UFO finish for Jan too!

Beth said...

Great finish! Your guild will enjoy doing the disappearing 9 patch. And someone will love the quilt when they get it from QOV.