Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coffee Pot Crisis

The coffee pot has died. Kevin said the water is not getting from the resevoir to the pot and he is finding a puddle under it in the morning. So we will be getting a new coffee pot.

I am so wanting the Keurig.... why? Cause it's cool!!!! and Judie has one LOL..... and well........ it's cool!!!!!

Kevin, being the practical, level-headed one in the family (and my kids are totally his kids) says we don't need that and just by a new Mr. Coffee or something. OOO!! He just said get one with a timer! That is splurging!!!

We are so 20th century! I'm surprised he hasn't planted his own coffee tree/plant thing and takes his donkey out to pick the beans. But he says we don't have anyplace to keep the donkey... so Juan Valdez he ain't.

Ok, this post has gone totally whacked.... off to buy the new coffee pot.

7 comments:

Barb said...

too funny....

get what you want...

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Laffffffin
Love the donkey-carrying-the-beans imagery!

Go shop! Ya gotta have the morning mocha!

In the Heart of Happy said...

Shoot...I want my own barista in the kitchen when I wake up, but that isn't happening around here either.

I am holding out for a fancy machine as well, but I bet I will get a Mr. Coffee, too.

No shame in our game.

Glenn Dragone said...

I'm on my 4th or 5th Keurig. While they are cool, they break all the time! Thank Goodness Bad Bath & Beyond will replace them. Sorry to say, I'd do the Mr. Coffee if it weren't for the credits from B B & B.

Joyce said...

Hope you get the Keurig. My daughter has one, and just loves it. I bought one for hubs for Christmas and he loves it too. So simple and so quick!

Julie Fukuda said...

If you use that pot a lot, and it sounds like you do,you need to get what you want.

Katie said...

LOL

I'm not a coffee drinker but we have a Keurig. DH is a coffee fiend. And now he spends lots of time surfing the net for deals on the K cups. Sigh. They're expensive! I also hate that we're throwing all that packaging in the trash and I don't even get the grinds for the compost!