Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Doin' an Amy.......


I love Amy.... it is such a joy to read her blog and honestly... there are times I live vicariously through her when it comes to quilting. We are both teachers... and I totally envy the balance she has achieved between family, career, and quilting.

I was feeling in a slump today.... overwhelmed again by all the fabric and not knowing where to start. I had purchased a second plastic drawer unit to divide my strips into light and dark so they aren't all lumped together and today I took the time to separate them.

Well something happened.... I think the fabric pheromones must have invaded my system because I started to think about something I could make and I had half of the stuff already made from my Leaders and Enders ala Bonnie Hunter.

So... today I started making Bricks and Stepping Stones. I was able to cut all of the bricks out of my 3.5" strip drawer and I do believe I was able to cut each brick from a different fabric.

My goal tonight is to get the blocks done. I was never good at pulling all-nighters in college (one and only time I did I got a C on the test the next day) so I don't honestly see a quilt top done tonight.

But there is the rest of the week.

Thanks for the inspiration Amy!!!!

4 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

I love Amy too and am in awe of all she does!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oh gawrsh....you flatter me so!
BUT, please remember; YOU are the one accomplishing all these tasks, not me. Being a teacher, I know you know this saying...."I can't/won't hold the pencil for you."

That is one pattern of Bonnie's I haven't done yet, but the scraps look amazing!

Beth said...

Oh I love that pattern and it is on my to do list. You are way ahead of me...my scraps are piled high into a bin. I really need to set aside time for cutting and organizing.
Can't wait to see your scrappy quilt come together.

Quilter Kathy said...

This happens to me every time I try to organize and clean up...I accidentally start a new quilt!