Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Slowly but surely... and I was bad


So I am slowly working on something. I will be teaching a Disappearing 9-Patch workshop at guild in the spring and thought it would be good to come up with at least a flimsy for a sample. So I raided the Reds, Cremes, and Blues (with some help from my Sundae Quilter Sisters) and so far this is what I have done. Pieces for the next 10 blocks are sitting on the sewing table waiting to be put together, and that may happen momentarily... I need to do something creative that doesn't involve a lesson plan.
On the being bad front... I fell in love with the Bliss line... and bought yardage and some FQs from the local shop... and then found the FQ Bundle on sale at Green Fairy Quilts and ordered it on line. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of this... but since when does knowing what to do with it factor in to purchasing.

The kids are getting antsy at school... it's hunting season, Thanksgiving break is coming soon.... and the weather has turned a tad chilly (I love that part).

So until next time, hopefully sooner than this one was, I bid you adieu.... Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Linda said...

So happy to hear from you! Life sure is busy, isn't it?
Lurking Linda

Barb said...

Your disappearing nine patch is just wonderful....and those fabrics oh my goodnesss......can they be drooled on from all the way over here?

scraphappy said...

The disappearing nine patch is looking great. Teaching a workshop for you guild sounds like great fun. My students are so antsy right now I can hardly stand it. We had homecoming and spirit week last week and this week is veterans day. If I can just make it to Thanksgiving it won't be long until Christmas. It's a fresh start after that though. So all will be good for a while.

Trudi said...

I LOVE bliss too, but it's only just arriving in the UK shops! Gotta find me some in a sale!

Tracy said...

I am still kicking myself for not signing up in time for that class at the guild.
I got some of the Bliss line too. There was this pack of fat quarters all tied up in a nice bundle see and I just can't resist those FQ bundles. I haven't been back to the shop since we got back from WY and I plan on changing that tomorrow!

Beth said...

great disappearing 9 patch.
I love Bliss too. It is so pretty.
Hang in there until break.

Natalie said...

I love the bliss dots in aqua and red but I haven't bought any yet. I'm waiting until I can find a good sale or can clear some stuff out of my sewing room. I think the dots pattern is perfect for binding!

Joyce said...

I bought some of the Bliss line too. I have a pattern that uses a layer cake. I'm saving it to work on in January/February when the days are gray and dreary. Love the fabric line!