Tuesday, September 7, 2010

From Cloud Nine to the Pit of Despair

Today being the first day back to school after a three day weekend, I stood at the top of the 'ramp' coming into the 8th grade hallway and greeted the students with a "Good Morning!! It's great to see you!" Within an hour I hit bottom.

Yesterday I heard that one of the teachers on our faculty lost her father this weekend. Upon coming in today I heard that another teacher on our faculty lost his fater as well. Then I heard a teacher in another building lost his father. I couldn't believe it!!!

Then I received news that the former Latin teacher, who retired in June and just moved into his new home with his wife in Florida to be near their daughter, son-in-law and soon to be born grandchild, passed away Sunday night.

I have no desire to relive this day.

15 comments:

marilyn said...

Big hugs to you. I also came back to a difficult year with one of our teachers being arrested for molesting kids. Prayers for you and your school. I pray that you hold each other through this difficult time. Be sure to cry when you need to and find therapy in your quilting.

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Please let me know if there's anything I can do!

Linda said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your fellow teachers as you all deal with the grief each other are experiencing. Remember that your blogging friends are here when you need to write out your feelings.

Linda said...

Oh,I'm so sorry. What a tough day. I'll be praying for you and your fellow teachers.

Karin said...

I´m so sorry to hear about! My thoughts and prayer are with you and your colleagues + family. That was quite sure a rough day to hear all the sad news within a few hours.

Pat said...

Oh Nancy. There are no words.....

andsewon said...

I am so very sorry Nancy. What a day rough indeed to hear of so much sadness.
Hope the future days will bring some comfort to you all.
Hugs,
Lola

pajudie said...

So sorry, Nancy - I think you need a big hug - here it is (:) -
Judie

Sweet P said...

(((((((hugs)))))))))

quiltmom said...

Nancy - so sorry for you and your colleagues just now- So much loss seems overwhelming to have to deal with-
May you find yourselves surrounded by caring and supportive friends during the challenging times ahead.
With sincere condolences,
Regards,
Anna

Beth said...

My thoughts are with you and the families who lost loved ones.

Barb said...

Oh this is just so sad, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your co-teachers! So much sadness in such a short time...thinking about you and sending "hugs" your way!

SheilaC said...

Nancy..... so much sadness for your friends and their families...

hugs to you and to them all.

I hope for happier days

SheilaC

julieQ said...

I am so sorry...wow, that is such a lot of loss all at once. Many hugs and prayers.

Pauline said...

oh nancy that is terrible...such a sad way to begin...I am sorry to hear all that..
hugs to ya matey..