Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swap Blocks

I finished my Chimney Sweep swap blocks. I must admit that this block caused more frustration than I ever intended it too, but thanks to one swapper who shared some construction tips, I think it will be a wonderful collection of blocks.

I chose to use cheddar yellow for mine. I just love how the cheddar pops in a quilt (ala Bonnie Hunter).

So hopefully the other gals in the swap are having success with their blocks as well. We will soon see.

Quilty Hugs!!

5 comments:

Caroline in NH said...

I'm hoping to do my blocks next week; can't wait to get some of those cheddars in exchange! Beautiful job!

Erin O. said...

I'm glad that we stuck with this swap...sometimes the peskiest blocks make the best quilts. You'll have a great story when this swap is done. PS. I'll be sending mine soon!

Trudi said...

They look wonderful all together like that! Great job Nancy! You'll have to share how to make them with us all. :)

Barb said...

Love your blocks.....

Belinda said...

I used scraps to make the first to see how well it would go. Bingo. Now I have my fabrics cut and ready to sew my swap blocks. This will be a great exchange.