Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally.... a completed UFO Challenge Project

Yeah!! I finally completed January's UFO Challenge.

This is the Crayon Box pattern from Bonnie Hunter. I changed it up a little, using 2-inch strips. I also got carried away making sashing so I used it in a make-shift border at the top and bottom to make the quilt more rectangular.

Donna quilted it on her Milli in a meander pattern using a hot pink thread.... it looks so cool.

Needless to say, my 2-inch strip drawer is full again.

Hope you all are having a wonderful quilting day!

Hugs!

11 comments:

Fiesta said...

Nancy, it looks great!

Melinda said...

Good for you. The only UFO from the list I have completed hasn't had it's number called yet. I really want to get to work on a couple of them later this month.

Erin O. said...

It's beautiful!

Cindy said...

It turned out great. Doesn't it feel so good to have one done?

Vicki W said...

It's very cute! I like the little strip of color in the top and bottom borders.

scraphappy said...

I love that combination of yellow and green. My next crumb quilt is definitely going to have yellow sashing. The best part of the quilt it the extra bits on the end to make it rectangular. So glad this isn't a UFO any longer.

SheilaC said...

It was worth the wait, Nancy!! I love it!

I think I have only finished ONE UFO on my list too!! Always something new getting my attention :)

SHeilaC

Trudi said...

It's wonderful Nancy, well worth the wait! I love the extra strip at the top too!

Darlene said...

Love it! Congrats on getting a UFO finished. Pat yourself on the back!!

Linda said...

This is great! I'm glad you got it finished. It is so nice. Don't you just love to work on scrap quilts?

I have only completely finished two quilts on my list but I can honestly say that the others are now being worked on. I have gotten some to the flimsy stage and they were just sitting around before the challenge. I am really getting alot done this year and your UFO challenge has helped give me the kick in the pants I needed. Thank you so much for hosting this challenge. I plan on more finishes soon. Hugs, Linda

orchidlover said...

Great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx