Monday, July 19, 2010

Door Dent

You know, I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, Kevin and I should not buy new/nearly new cars.

Today, the HHR (one year old this month) was 'door dinged'. No I don't have a picture of it, because honestly you wouldn't be able to see it. But this chick, in her kermit green Mustang, didn't hang on to her door and put just a crease in my passenger door.  I must say I am glad that she stuck around to tell me.... Kevin wasn't too happy though.  Now I have to wait and see if it can be pushed out, or we need a new door panel.

So, this is three for three.... the PT Cruiser was totaled (when I was driving); the deer jumped in front of the van (when I was driving)... and now this.

Maybe a horse and buggy wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

5 comments:

floribunda... aka Julie said...

My current car (a 2007 model) is bright red -- my first red car after years of beige, white, silver, etc. Part of the reason I wanted red was 'cause I figured it would be SO VISIBLE that it wouldn't ever get hit. ha ha ha. It had more dings and scrapes than any other car I've owned! Then someone ran into it while it was parked, and put a big dent in the bumper... and their insurance bought me a new bumper! yahoo! I broke down and replaced the back bumper too, and the shop managed to buff out most of the other dings. Now it looks like new again, and I can start over...

Barb said...

Oh doesn't that just frustrate you, try as hard as we can to keep them *ding* free, it gets us anyway! How about coming out of church and finding a paint chatter on my passenger door...arrrgh of all places to have it happen! And surely the amount paint left on the chatter mark, the person must have known...and I have no idea who, but please just let me know! But whats one to do, stress or shake it off...still annoying! I am not sure a horse and buggy would do it...your wheel might fall off, or the horse throw a shoe, just a thought :>)!! Hope your days get better!

Pat said...

I hate cars. Actually I hate the idea of sinking money into cars. Don't get me wrong -- I'd take a lovely, fully loaded BMW X-5 any day of the week as long as someone just gave it to me, but car payments on said BMW? No thank you. I'm currently driving the 1992 Crown Vic that my mother got from her sister. Both have long since passed on, but Vickie has not. Peeling paint, plenty on tiny dings, AC that does not work, often mistaken by other drivers for an unmarked PoCar -- but she runs. She's good enough to make it back & forth to the train station every day & the grocery store a couple of times a week & I can't seem to kill her Anyone want to give me a BMW??

pajudie said...

Oh, no, Nancy - at least she stayed around to let you know. I've got a ding in my door that is "anonymous" and also a scraped bumper that happened in NC when Bonnie & I were picking up the pups - anonymous too. Frustrating, to say the least!! How about a Sherman tank??? Of course, the gas mileage would be horrible but people would stay away from you (LOL)
Judie

Barb said...

Hope you can push it out...sorry for your car woes....