Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Out of the boxes......

and on to the shelves.

This is what came out of about a half dozen plastic totes and boxes. This is why I did this. Having it squirreled away in the boxes.. I'd forget what I had. Now seeing it 'in my face' I can shop my stash more efficiently.

I even told Abby (my daughter) that maybe I can start looking through books/patterns and cut up some kits so that next fall when school starts, I'll have stuff ready to sew and won't feel guilty taking time to sew instead of doing work for school.

PS... there is another shelf behind me... but we won't talk about that one right now :o)

Hugs!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You know...when it's all out in the open it's easy to see what is missing in your stash. You have lots of reds, but I don't see many yellows or oranges unless they are in that other bookshelf...

Maybe a little shopping trip to fill in?? lol

Pat said...

It's looking great so far. Good idea to cut kits, too. I have done that occasionally and it's great to just reach for that bag and be ready to start sewing.

Lizzie said...

Wow, you have a healthy stanh. I recently thought and shopped for a shelf like that one. Then I decided that I had to stop the maddness and use my fabric, not buy any more. But I still think that the shelf looks so nice. Good luck using it up!

Tracy said...

I may just have to get me one of those shelves...the only drawback I can see is after I've loaded my stash onto it, it's going to be glaringly obvious just how much I've spent on fabric!